KLing



I attended the Lifestyle Expo'08 in KLCC today. Highlight of the day: The world's largest LCD at 108" priced at a modest RM388,888 + taxes!!!

After an eventful day of culinary pursuits I realised two awkward truths.

Awkward truth 1: If I am going to stay in a foreign country and not be with foreign food, then what's the whole point of living here.

Awkward truth 2: I cannot survive with malaysian food.

A logical derivation from both the statements would be that I can survive with a foreign food other than malay in KL :)

And thus I made a list of restaurants with varied cusines. Thai, Indonesian, Sundanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Burmese (even they have a cuisine :O ), Lebanese, Syrian and basically every Asian country other than India. No wonder they say Malaysia is truly Asia. Its hard to kill the gourmet in me you see. You can suffocate and strangle it, but it always re-emerges like a phoenix. And thus I began my culinary adventures with Al-Marjan, the taste of Lebanon. Some chicken cooked in various sauces, some fish (I never knew Lebanon had a coast!!) in white sauce, Lebanese Coffee, meat in eggplant stew, some cookies and deserts to finish it off.

Tomorrow Vietnamese!!!

Posted bySandeep Sekharamantri at 7:22 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment