Nasi saves the day

It took me just 30 minutes into KL to realise that my famous tummy wasn't invincible after all. The gourmet in me was laid to rest on my first breakfast in KL. The look made it shiver, the smell suffocated it and finally the feel killed it. I had to suffice with chocos and some strange blanche fluid which they called low fat milk.

I rushed to my office and looked forward to eat something more sane during lunch. After all it was Shell. Another horrible truth dawned on me. Offices in Petronas towers aren't allowed to have their own canteens. To top it all, my team mates took me out to have a proper malay meal. Char Kua Teow, that is what I had. A concoction of noodles, prawns and cockels in vinegar and thai sauce. I gulped it down with some coke. I decided I have had enough of malay splendour and decided to treat myself to some good old crispy chicken in KFC. But as all things malay, even that had a sweety slimy touch to it.

Breakfast today was also like yesterday. Some chocos and low fat milk. I resigned myself to the fact that malay food is not for me. And just when hope hit rock bottom, I discovered Nasi! Malay for Rice!

I found two restaurants, nasi penang and nasi blah blah blah, both within a kilometer of my hotel. I gorged on Nasi and chicken for lunch and dinner today for as cheap as RM6.5 = 80 INR!!! :)

Loong live Nasi!!!

Posted bySandeep Sekharamantri at 6:30 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment